If you have recently been in car accident, you may have concerns regarding the insurance companies, recovering from your injuries, and repairing your car. If you were the victim in an automobile accident, you should also be concerned about whether an auto accident lawyer can help you recover the money to pay for your accident-related bills and compensate you for your pain and suffering., wage losses, and even future medical care.
If the accident has caused fatal or severe injuries, or involved alcohol the State can prosecute the driver who was at fault, but for all other accidents, you and the other driver and both insurance companies will be left to deal with the medical bills and car repair expenses. These issues are most often resolved through legal representation.
Common Causes of Automobile Accidents:
- Distracted drivers: talking on cell phones, texting or tuning musical devices, paying attention to other passengers, looking back at other accidents, or simply looking at the scenery.
- Drowsy drivers: people who have been behind the wheel for more than two hours, driving late at night or after a heavy meal, and those who are taken medicines that may cause drowsiness.
- Impaired drivers: even if they are not over the legal blood-alcohol limit.
- Driving aggressively: tailgating, road rage, yelling or making rude gestures at other drivers, ignoring traffic signals, failing to yield the right of way, and frequently changing lanes.
- Weather: rain, snow, fog, ice, sleet, and wind.
Things you should know:
- Victims in auto accidents can include the car’s driver, passengers, by-standers, and even the spouse of an injured person.
- All auto-accident victims may be able to recover money from the other driver, the owner of the car, and even the driver’s employer in order to pay for damage to your car, current and future medical bills, and any permanent injuries that you suffered. You may also be able to get punitive damages, designed to punish the other driver for his or her action.
- If you are contacted by the other driver’s insurance company, you do not need to provide them with any information other than your basic contact information. You should not feel pressured to provide them with immediate descriptions of your injuries. Grewer Law Group handles auto accidents can help you negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company or decide that your case should be heard in court.
Need Advice Now?
Call now to set up your FREE CONSULTATION today!